- Yes you can hold global conference calls with attendees located In Angola. For instance, you may need to host a conference call with participants located in Angola, India, China, South Africa and the U.S.
Connecting with Angola Attendees
With the Expanded conference call service, you can easily host a multi country phone meeting by providing the Angola attendees an in-country toll-free number or use any of the other connection options described below.
Angola International Conference Calls
If you need to host an international conference call involving participants in Angola, the best option is to use our high quality international conference calling service.
Few providers offer in-country access numbers for sub-Saharan countries like Angola, but we do.
Here's how to it works.
We provide a country specific Angola toll-free access number that you can distribute to your Angola guests so they can dial-in to your call.
If you're the host in Angola, you can host your call using the supplied Angola toll-free access number or use the included free Connect app using a smartphone or PC or Mac.
Two other Angola connection options:
1. Use the moderator dial-out option to dial any participant in Angola and any other sub-Saharan countries lacking in-country access numbers.
2. Ask one of our US-based operators to connect your participants into the conference call directly.
If you have Wi-Fi, the Connect app is a free option for both the chairperson and participants and can be used with iPhone, Android, Blackberry, PC or Mac desktops.
Note that if you have participants in more developed countries like USA, Germany, France, South Africa, Belgium, and Japan, they will be able to use either a toll free or national number unique to their countries to dial into your Angola international conference call.
However, if you prefer to use the dial-out function or the Connect app with these participants, you can easily do so.
Finally, one of the benefits of using our international conference calling service from Angola is that your conference will be routed over a modern fiber optic telecommunications system where you get the best sound quality and competitive per minute rates - regardless of Angola's current telecom infrastructure situation.
Angola Conference Call Rate options
Angola Toll-Free access (see rates here)
- Angola Connect App rate $0.27 /min
Dial-out rate to Angola $0.27 /min
U.S. Toll Free Rate 2.6¢ /min
Calling Angola from Another Country
If you need to call Angola from another country, the process is similar. However, you'll need to determine and dial the exit code for the country you are in, then dial Angola's country code, which is 244, and then dial the area code and phone number.
Making International Calls from Angola
Though the country's telecommunications infrastructure remains limited, it is possible to make international calls from Angola.
The procedure is relatively straightforward. First, you'll need to dial 00 which is the exit code for Angola.
Next, you'll need the country code for the country you intend to call. For example, if calling Canada, you'd need to dial 1. Next, you'll dial the area code (if any) followed by the person's phone number.
Telecommunications in Angola
Up until 2005, the state-owned telecommunications company had a monopoly on fixed line phone services. The combination of a monopoly, low capacity, and high demand led to high prices and poor service. The first private licensed fixed line operator was Telecom Namibia. Others followed, providing greater capacity and competition. Telecom Namibia eventually pulled out of the market. Today, this segment is served by a duopoly: Angola Telecom and Mercury Telecom.
Mobile cellular service arrived in 1993, provided by Angola Telecom. In 2001, a private operator arrived.
According to CIA World Factbook, Angola had about 280,000 fixed line telephone users in 2014, which is roughly 1 subscriber per every 100 inhabitants. In contrast, it had 14.1 million mobile cellular subscribers, which is about 74 subscribers per 100 people. Angola's telecommunication system is considered to be limited.
The international country code for Angola is 244. The country is the landing point for a fiber optic submarine cable connecting to Europe and Asia. As of 2009, Angola had 29 satellite earth stations.
International Conference Call Features
- 100 country toll free access Expanded Plan
- Dial-out rates to any country from Angola
- Free Connect app for easy conference call access
- No Angola access number necessary
- No activation fee
- Pay as you go, no monthly fees
- No monthly minimum usage requirements
- No contract term
- 24 hour customer and operator support
- [ 0 0 ] summons on-call operator, 24/7
- Superb quality international toll free network
- Automatic emailed attendance report
- MP3 session recording of any conference call
- Add additional conference call rooms for other users
- Monthly PDF itemized invoice
- Offer international toll free access numbers to your team members who travel abroad so they can easily connect to your global conference call meetings.
- Host multi-country conference calls. Our conferencing bridge is located in the U.S. but the moderator can initiate a conference call from any country.
- Enable geographically diverse international offices to join conference calls to provide input on issues that affect their regions.
Located in the southern portion of Africa on the Atlantic coast, the Republic of Angola is home to about 19,625,353. Angola is a large country in terms of size, about twice the size of France and the world's 23rd largest country. The country is still recovering from a 27-year civil war which ended in 2002. Millions of lives were lost, and more than 4 million people were displaced during the war.
Angola's economy is largely focused on oil production, which represents about 50 percent of Angola's GDP. Agriculture provides most of the livelihood for the majority of residents. However, Angola imports about half of its food supply.
Construction after the war is also powering the economy. Corruption in Angola continues to be a major problem. The war damaged the country's infrastructure, much of which has yet to be repaired.
According to Budde.com.au, foreign investment in Angola has intensified with the telecom sector benefiting from it. International telephone capacity is increasing with a new cable between Angola and Brazil and the government's focus on developing the telecom sector to diversify the economy and spur businesses to become more efficient.
As far as Internet usage goes, Angola had about 3.7 million Internet users in 2014, which is roughly 19.4 percent of the population. Consumers have quite a few choices in Internet access including Angola Telecom's ADSL, cable Internet access, "fiber to the home" access, 3G, 4G, and EV-DO and WiMAX-based fixed wireless access.
International consultants are helping Angola Telecom restructure, a process likely pointing toward greater liberalization and eventual privatization of Angola's telecommunications market.
- You can now have 'toll free' multi-country conference calls from the following countries:
- Angola, Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Trinidad, Tobago, Turkey, UAE, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan and Venezuela.
You can host or attend international conference calls from the following Angola cities:
Lobito and any other Angola city
Optionally the chairperson or attendee can use the web 'Connect' feature to trigger a callback to his/her phone to enter the Angola conference call.
Angola major trading partners
List of Angola Companies
Exploration and Production Companies
AGIP ANGOLA LTD
CABINDA GULF OIL COMPANY LTD. (CABGOC)
CNR (RANGER OIL LTD)
ESSO EXPLORATION ANGOLA
HYDRO OIL & ENERGY (NORSK HYDRO)
OCEAN ANGOLA / DEVON
SHELL EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION ANGOLA B.V.
SOMOIL – SOCIEDADE PETROLIFERA ANGOLANA S.A.R.L.
SONANGOL P & P
TOTAL E & P ANGOLA
Drilling & Well Services
BAKER ATLAS WIRELINE
BAKER OIL TOOLS
EXPRO GULF LTD
HALLIBURTON OVERSEAS LTD
SCHLUMBERGER TECHNICAL SERVICES (EX-DOWELL)
KVAERNER OIL & GAS
KWANDA LDA (SAIPEM)
PETROMAR, UEM (SAIPEM)
SEVENSEAS ANGOLA (SUBSEA 7)
SONAMET INDUSTRIAL S.A.R.L. (ACERGY EX-STOLT OFFSHORE)
FORAID / SONAID (AMEC SPIE)
PORTUMO ANGOLA (PONTICELLI FRERES)
Supply vessels, crew boats
OCTOMAR LDA (SMIT)
SARIES OFFSHORE SERVICES (SOSER)
SONASURF (SURF, BOURBON)
SONATIDE MARINE (TIDEX / TIDEWATER)
Shipping, Logistic Services
AMI (ANGOLA) LDA
GETMA ANGOLA, LDA
GULF AGENCY COMPANY
HULL BLYTH LTD
KUEHNE NAGEL ANGOLA
MAERSK ANGOLA, LDA
PANALPINA TRANSPORTES MUNDIAIS NAVEGACAO E TRANSITOS, S.A.R.L.
View more complete Angola Company list
Angola conference calls are easy to host with the Angola toll free access number.
Optional low cost connections to Angola conference calls can be deployed using the optional 'Connect' app which can be used by the host and the participants from any country.
Angola toll-free access:
All global toll-free and local access numbers are sent to you upon account activation.
MP3 session recording makes it convenient to record and retain MP3 files of any recorded conference calls.
Call, Conference Call Recording
Conference Call Services, Reservationless Conference Call, Conferencing Rates, Savings Calculator
International Conference Calls, International Toll Free Access Numbers, Phone Conference Calls
Compare Costs, How Conference Calls Work, Reservation-less Advantages, Applications for Audio Conferencing
Conference Call Etiquette, Avoiding Sound Problems, Increase Conference Call Attendance, Web Conferencing
© Copyright 1996 - 2016 • American International Telephonics • All Rights Reserved
International Angola Conference Calls