International Conference Call Barbados Service
Using International Conferencing Services with Barbados
- One option to businesses and individuals in Barbados is to use an international conference calling service
to host and participate in group calls with others around the world.
While it is possible to use a phone system with conferencing capabilities to speak with a group of individuals,
conference calls with participants in other nations become problematic.
- International long distance charges can be cost-prohibitive
for group conference calls.
- Toll free numbers are not universal; they only
work for in-country callers.
- Conference calls held over a poor quality network
make it difficult for participants due to issues such as very marginal sound quality, dropouts, and disconnected
By using an international conferencing service in Barbados, you can avoid these problems:
- It doesn't matter if you are located in Barbados or have participants located there. Using an international
conference call provider gives you access to low international conferencing rates as well as routing participants
over a high quality telecommunications network so that network issues are no longer a problem.
Here's how it works
- Simply activate an international conferencing
- Schedule your call with your international participants
- Send toll free or local access numbers specific
to each participants' country including Barbados
- Share access code with your participants
- At the global conference call's start time, all
participants dial the toll free or local access number for their specific countries and enter the conference PIN
number. (In some cases, you may want to use the "moderator dial out" feature for dial some participants).
- Everyone is connected over a high quality telecommunications
network and can speak to one another without dropouts, echoes, delays, or other issues.
- You can record the international conference call
as an MP3 file to share with participants afterward.
- You pay only for the time you use, billed per
person, per minute according to each country's international conferencing rates.
A pay-as-you-go Barbados conference call plan is a fantastic way to go. Not only is the quality much better
and the rates extremely attractive, there are no long term contracts, no minimum usage requirements, no surprise
Best of all, not only can you hold a Barbados conference call with participants in Barbados, you can have participants
from all over the world join your meeting.
Barbados Conference Call Features
- 100 country toll free access plan
- Barbados Toll-Free access number included
- Dial-out rates to 196 countries
- No activation fee
- No monthly fees
- No monthly minimum usage requirements
- No contract term
- 24 hour customer and operator support
- [ 0 0 ] summons US based on-call operator, 24/7
- Complete array of leader keypad commands
- Superb quality international toll free network
- Automatic emailed attendance report
- MP3 session recording of any conference call
- Initiate conference calls via Global Toll Free
- Add additional conference call rooms for other
- Monthly PDF itemized invoice
- Free mobile app for easy conference call access
Telecommunications in Barbados
- Barbados is a small island nation in the Lesser Antilles. Measuring roughly 20 miles in length by 14 miles
in width, Barbados is about 167 square miles. Barbados was first settled by the British in the early 1600s and
gained independence in 1966. Up until the 1990s, the economy centered on sugar, molasses, and rum production. Today,
tourism and manufacturing are the largest industries in Barbados.
Barbados is considered one of the World Bank's 76 "high-income economies." In terms of GDP per capita,
Barbados is also considered the 53rd richest countries in the world.
As of July 2014 estimates, Barbados has a population of 289,680. The official language of Barbados is English.
- The CIA World Factbook reveals that Barbados had 144,000 main lines in use in 2012 for a fixed phone line teledensity
of about 50 main phones for every 100 people. As with many countries, a larger percentage of the population uses
mobile cellular phones. In 2012, about 347,000 mobile cellular phones were in use for a mobile phone teledensity
of about 125 mobile phones for every 100 people.
Barbados is served by an island-wide automatic telephone system. Barbados is a landing point for the ECFS (East
Caribbean Fiber System) which connects to other islands in the region. It is also home to one satellite earth station
and uses tropospheric scatter to Saint Lucia and Trinidad.
Cable & Wireless (LIME) holds a monopoly on the fixed line market, but the mobile market has some competition.
The two main wireless telephone providers are Digicel and Cable & Wireless. In addition, a relatively new entrant
in the Barbados telecommunications market, Columbus Communications, offers bundled cable television, Internet,
and digital telephone services.
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and UNICEF consider Barbados "one of the most wired countries"
in the world (per capita) with an estimated Internet usage rate of about 55 users for every 100 people. ASDL, frame
relay, and high speed wireless Internet service are readily available from leading providers such as Telebarbados,
Sunbeach Communications, CariAccess, CaribSurf, WiNet, TeleBarbados/Freemotion.bb, and Cable & Wireless.
Telecommunications Challenges in Barbados
- Though Barbados has a long history as being the region's telecommunications leader (Barbados played a key role
in telegraph communications in the 1800s) and a strong mobile subscriber base, challenges exist. Poor quality of
service is a common complaint. In fact, a senior member of the House Assembly and former Attorney General, Dale
Marshall was quoted in Barbados Today as saying, "I hate to say it, but the mobile telephone service in Barbados
sucks. You can hardly make a telephone call on a mobile phone except you wait sometimes ten or 15 seconds to connect
with the other person. You can hardly make a mobile phone call without dropouts…"
With just one fixed line provider and two wireless carriers, competition for subscribers is minimal with no incentive
to improve quality of service. With Columbus Communications now in the mix, costs are expected to come down and
Barbados Major Export Trading Partners
Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Brazil, United States, the UK, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, and the Grenadines
View more on Barbados export partners here
- Chair conference calls
or attend meetings from any Barbados city
Holetown or any other city that can access the included Barbados toll-free access number.
Optionally the chairperson or attendee can use the web 'Connect' feature to trigger a callback
to his/her phone and enter the conference call.
- Ten big companies based in Barbados
Foster Wheeler Ltd
Ingersoll-Rand Co. Ltd
Tyco International Ltd
Cooper Industries Inc
Noble Drilling Services Inc
Seagate Technology LLC
Nabors Industries Ltd
View more details about Barbados companies here
International Conference Call Barbados Using Barbados Toll-Free Access Number. Talk Together With Others In Any Country On A Joint Conference Call.
Host a Barbados conference call with attendees in other countries
easily using the free Connect App or send any of the 100+ international country access numbers to your guests to
join your meeting from their country.
Barbados Toll-Free access number
All 100+ global access numbers sent upon account activation
MP3 session recording makes it convenient to record and retain MP3 files of any recorded conference