Is the Unlimited Flat Rate Conference Call Plan Right for You?
Flat Rate Conference Call Service | Thinking of signing up for the unlimited conference call plan but not sure which one makes the most sense for you? Here’s what you need to know before you make your choice.
How Pay-as-You-Go Conference Call Plans Work
With a pay-as-you go plan, you do just that. You pay for each conference call as you go. Though both pre- and post-paid plans are common, you typically pay only for the minutes you use.
These plans are extremely flexible. They are ideal for companies with erratic usage patterns. If you don’t expect to make any conference calls some months, a pay-as-you-go plan with no minimum usage requirements is a terrific choice because you won’t have to pay for a service that you aren’t using. Meanwhile, on the months when you need to make conference calls, you can do so at a fantastic rate. In fact, you can make unlimited conference calls with a pay-as-you-go plan; however, you will be responsible for paying for all of the minutes you use. If you frequently have high volume months, an unlimited plan may be a better option.
Flat Rate Conference Call Plan and How it Works
An unlimited conference call plan allows you to make an unlimited number of conference calls for a flat fee. Though “unlimited,” most unlimited conference call plans do have limits. For example, your plan may limit the number of participants you can invite to each conference call. Your flat monthly fee will reflect these limits. The more attendees the plan allows, the higher the monthly fee will be.
Which Plan is Right for You?
Let’s say you have five partners who need to speak on the phone regularly. You could either pay as you go or get an Flat Rate Conference Call plan for up to five participants. In order to determine the best option, consider the following:
- How often do the partners need to use a conference call each month?
- Will usage be consistent or will there be some months where no activity is expected?
- How many minutes in total will be used in a typical month?
- What are the per minute rates for a pay-as-you-go plan? How much will a typical month cost?
- What is the cost for a suitable unlimited conference call plan? Is it less than the pay-as-you-go plan?
- Is the cost of an unlimited conference call plan low enough to justify keeping the plan during slower months?
- Are the per minute rates of a pay-as-you-go plan low enough to justify a few higher volume months?
The right type of conference calling plan will depend on your usage and the answers to these questions. If you choose a no-contract plan, you can change plans as your usage patterns change.