Many business and residential phone systems offer 3-way calling as a standard feature. It’s a great way to bring a third party into an existing call, but it’s not nearly enough for more robust conference calls.
Plus, if you need to bring in someone from another country, 3-way conferencing can become tricky and expensive.
Our global conference calling plans are an affordable, easy-to-use alternative with no minimum usage requirements or monthly fees. You can host conferences with just a handful of attendees or dozens quickly and easily. As an example, here’s how to hold a 10-way conference call with participants from around the world.
Identify Each Participant’s Countries
Since there are several access options which do vary from country to country, you’ll want to gather some information before the call to ensure that each participant has an easy means of connecting to your conference call. Below are the more common access scenarios for international attendees:
- Toll free access numbers — These are country-specific access numbers, so a caller in Italy, for example, would dial a toll free number that’s local to Italy. The access number then connects the caller to the conference bridge — all without the caller incurring toll charges or having to request operator assistance to make an international phone call.
- Local access numbers — Again, these are regional. Your Italian participants could be given a local phone number for Naples, Rome, Milan, or another city in Italy. If they’re in that particular calling zone, then they’d avoid toll charges because it would be just like dialing any other local number in their community. Meanwhile, the call would be routed to the conference bridge.
- Access via our Connect mobile app — Another option is to connect via our Connect app, which takes care of the dialing with just a quick tap.
- Moderator dial out — There are a few countries with limited access numbers or per minute costs that may be higher than you’d like. For participants in those countries, consider using the moderator dial-out tool to call them and patch them into the call rather than the other way around. Dial-out rates are nice and low, too.
Choose a Global Conferencing Plan
The countries you’ve just identified will guide you in choosing the most appropriate global conferencing plan. Our plans are as follows:
- USA – Canada conference calling — Perfect for cross-border conference calls involving participants in USA and Canada.
- Legacy conference calling — This is one of our most popular plans. It includes global access numbers for 119 countries.
- Expanded conferencing calling — Our expanded plan increases the number of access numbers to 150 including local city and toll free numbers.
Each of the above is offered on a pay-as-you-go basis with no contracts, no activation fee, no early termination fee, and no minimum usage requirements. You pay only for the minutes consumed in global conference calls — all at extremely competitive per minute rates.
Calculating the Cost of a 10-way Global Conference Call
Using the countries involved, you can estimate the cost of the call by looking up their rates.
Let’s use a 10-minute, 10-way international conference call as an example of costs using current costs as of December 2017 (rates subject to change).
Caller 1 – USA, Toll Free $0.026/minute, total cost = $0.26
Caller 2 – Canada, Toll Free $0.026/minute, total cost = $0.26
Caller 3 – Italy, Rome $0.07/minute, total cost = $0.70
Caller 4 – Philippines, Dial-Out $0.11/minute, total cost = $1.10
Caller 5 – Hong Kong, Toll Free $0.08/minute, total cost = $0.80
Caller 6 – Russia, Moscow, $0.10/minute, total cost = $1.00
Caller 7 – Monaco, Toll Free, $0.12/minute, total cost = $1.20
Caller 8 – South Africa, Johannesburg, $0.13/minute, total cost = $1.30
Caller 9 – Brazil, Toll Free, $0.16/minute, total cost = $1.60
Caller 10 – Guam, Toll Free, $0.026/minute, total cost = $0.26
Total cost of the 10-way global conference call: $8.48 USD
Since there’s no ongoing costs and no penalties for non-usage, you could create an account and use it just this one time — or you could use it as needed, paying only for the conference calls you hold.
It’s important to note that while our rates are low, our service is phenomenal. This is NOT a cheap unreliable VOIP plan; it’s a PSTN global conference calling plan known for its quality and reliability.
The next time you need to host a conference call, whether global or local, give us a try!