The live conference viewer is a free, advanced feature of our pay-as-you-go Canada conference calling service.
Our toll free and local access Canada conference calling service is a pay-as-you-go service that includes several advanced features, one of which is the Live Conference Viewer.
Included are local access numbers for your
participants in these provinces:
Plus included Canada toll-free number
While you can certainly host and participate in your conference calls without using this tool, you may want to use it when you’re at your desk. Why?
Below are a few of the benefits the live conference viewer offers to conference call moderators.
- It provides you with a visual representation of attendance — The live conference viewer tallies the number of participants present at any given time, allowing you to know precise attendance numbers. Knowing that 25 out of 27 participants are in the conference room at the scheduled start time, for example, may prompt you to go ahead and start the meeting.
- You’ll see a detailed attendee list — The names, phone numbers, and other details for each participant are listed, providing you with detailed information as to who is on the call.
- You’ll have greater control over your entire conference call — Many of the functions available via the live conference viewer are available via keypad commands. However, you may find it easier to use a graphical user interface rather than a series of numeric commands.
- You can quickly and easily record your Canada conference calls — The live conference viewer includes a mechanism for recording your conference calls. Once you’re logged into your live conference, click the “start recording” button.
- You can silence open phone lines — Most experience conference call participants understand conference call protocol such as muting their phones when not speaking. However, it’s not unheard of for some lines to be left open. When this happens, ambient noise can quickly become distracting to the group. Using the live conference viewer, you can quickly identify — and silence — the offending connection. The line will be muted, and peace and quiet restored to your Canada conference call.
- You can lock your conference calls — Keep your conversations and Canada conference calls private by using the security lock to lock a call in progress. Once your conference call has been locked, no one can access it — even if they have the access number and PIN.
- You can break a main conference into sub-conferences — Let’s say you want to host a companywide conference call with employees across Canada, but you’d also like your individual branches to continue the conversation once your core message has been delivered. You can easily break the conference call into sub-conferences with the live conference viewer.
- You can join and disconnect others to and from a live Canada conference call at any time — Some attendees may not be need for the duration of a conference call. For example, your CFO may be needed only for the last 10 minutes of a 60-minute conference call. Rather than expecting him or her to listen in for 50 minutes, you could use the dial-out feature to connect the individual to the conference call when the time comes. This is also useful when you have guests who should not be privy to the other discussions on your agenda.
The live conference viewer is a free, advanced feature of our pay-as-you-go Canada conference calls.
How Affordable are Canada Conference Calls?
Hosting Canada conference calls is one of the most affordable and convenient options available for group communications, especially with local per minute rates as low as 2.9 cents per minute. To give you a better idea about the affordability of holding actual Canada conference calls, we’ve put together a few example scenarios below.
Using Canada Conference Calls for Team Meetings
Imagine having a team of sales managers in cities throughout Canada. By using our audio conferencing service, you could hold team meetings to discuss current projects, sales goals, coaching, and more. How much would such a group audio call cost? Let’s crunch some numbers:
- 20 minute example length of each conference call
- 10 attendees using Canada local access at 2.9 cents per minute
- 5 attendees dialing in with Canada toll free access at 3.9 cents per minute
For a 20 minute Canada conference call with 15 attendees, the total cost would be $9.70
(the call quality is crystal clear with no garbled conversations, voice clipping or drops outs)
Using Canada Conference Calls for Large Teleconferences
Another popular use for Canada conference calls is holding a large teleconference. Let’s say you have a team of 250 sales associates across Canada and would like to deliver a state of the company address along with a brief questions and answers session. In this example, we’ll assume a 30-minute teleconference, attendance of 250 people, and toll free access at 3.9 cents per minute.
How much would such a call cost? $292.50
That’s much more affordable than holding an annual meeting or traveling across the country to visit various branch offices.
Using Canada Conference Calls for Cross-Border Discussions
Here’s one more popular use for Canada conference calls: Canada-USA group audio calls. In this example, let’s say that you need to coordinate a project with several vendors and partners located in both USA and Canada. Conference calling rates for your USA counterparts are even lower than they are in Canada. Thus, our calculations will involve a few more variables. We’ll assume the following:
- 3 vendors in USA using local access numbers at 1.7 cents per minute
- 1 partner in USA using toll free access at 2.9 cents per minute
- 3 partners in Canada using local access numbers at 2.9 cents per minute
For a 30-minute USA-Canada conference call based on the above, you’d incur a total cost of $18.78. It’s a small price to pay to land a lucrative deal or build a successful partnership.
Not only are Canada Conference Calls economical, they’re far less expensive than Bell Canada and convenient for attendees who need local or Canada toll-free access.
With our pay-as-you-go Canada conferencing service, not only can you communicate with a group of people across Canada — or across the border — affordably, hosting these group audio calls is easy. You can do everything needed from your phone’s handset or opt to use our free Live Conference Viewer or free Connect app. Attendees simply dial a local or toll free number and enter the conference PIN. It’s that easy.
Plus, the call quality and reliability of service are outstanding thanks to PSTN fiber optic networks and Avaya conference bridges with triple redundancy. With our pay-as-you-go service, you get advanced features and competitive rates without a contract or long-term commitment.