Ecuador is considered a small-to-medium export market for exports from the United States, but the market is growing. According to the U.S. Embassy, the export market in Ecuador grew 15.8 percent in 2013 — and it has significant potential.
If you’re thinking of exporting or otherwise doing business with Ecuador, building strong relationships with local partners is essential. One way to do just that is by using Ecuador international conference calls.
Why use Ecuador international conferencing?
Exploring international markets typically requires visiting the country in person, networking with potential partners, and building a foundation for a successful business relationship.
However, it’s not always practical to hop on a plane every time you need to communicate with your partners in Ecuador. International conference calls are an affordable way to bring a group of individuals from around the world together in an audio conference call.
Tips for Using Ecuador International Conference Calls to Build Relationships
First, you’ll need a legitimate reason for each Ecuador conference call. They can’t just be to get acquainted. Spend some time brainstorming ideas for a series of conference calls.
Rather than trying to cover everything in a single conference call, and potentially overwhelming each participant with too much information and a time-consuming agenda, schedule a series of shorter group calls.
For example, you may want to discuss logistics, pricing, and marketing strategy with your partners in Ecuador. While you could schedule a one- or two-hour international conference call and conceivably cover all of those topics in one session, from a relationship-building perspective, a series of three 20-minute calls might be better.
Holding a series of Ecuador conference calls can also allow for:
- Action steps and follow up — What needs to happen before the next group audio call? What steps have been taken since the last one?
- Clarity — By focusing on a single topic each time, you can really dig in to the task at hand. In addition, if questions arise after the Ecuador conference call, they can be addressed via email, one-on-one calls, or noted for discussion during the next conference call.
- Growing familiarity — As each call takes place, you and your partners will start to become more familiar with each other.
To avoid conference call overload, make sure to:
- Keep each Ecuador conference call on topic and on time.
- Share an audio recording of each international conference call with all attendees. This is a nice courtesy that allows participants to review the call at their leisure.
- Provide toll free access numbers to each international participant. For example, if you’re in the United States, your partners in Ecuador should not be expected to dial an international number in order to join the call. Our international conference calling service provides toll free access numbers from around the world, including Ecuador.
Toll free international conferencing is more affordable than you may realize, and our pay-as-you-go plans allow you to use the service as needed with no contracts or minimum usage requirements.